Hims ED Review: How Does It Work? Products, Treatments, and Pros and Cons
In most cases, having a private conversation about personal concerns with a physician is not a desired experience. Nonetheless, consulting a medical professional for erectile dysfunction could be one of the few times a man feels like a complete and utter failure.
It can demolish a man’s most basic form of self-respect in a heartbeat. But with the assistance of Hims, you will never have to stress over this happening.
Hims allows you to handle your health and financial matters from the comfort of your home. The advantage of this system is that you have control over your medications and finances. In this Hims review for ED, we provide you with the necessary details to get your prescription, for you to make an informed choice.
- No extra fees are associated with prescription medicines.
- You can receive both brand and generic versions of medicines for treating impotence.
- Additionally, the initial meeting with the doctor is complimentary.
- You will need to spend money on your medical treatments and drugs.
- Request to purchase items such as lubricant, condoms, and vibrators.
- You can purchase merchandise without a prescription to assist in delaying ejaculation.
- Ongoing care accompanies every medical prescription from doctors or other healthcare workers.
- You can choose between brand-name drugs and generic equivalents.
- It is possible to arrange a medical consultation, order medication, and have it sent to your house without going anywhere.
Hims ED is an expert in prescribing well-known ED medications such as Viagra, Cialis, and Stendra. Additionally, they provide generic equivalents of these drugs, such as sildenafil, avanafil, and tadalafil, that are more affordable. We’ll take a closer look at any possible problems in this Hims review.
Individuals taking nitrate medications such as Monoket and Isordil (or the generic equivalents, isosorbide mononitrate or isosorbide dinitrate) should avoid taking these drugs. It is advisable to avoid illegal nitrate-containing drugs as an extra precaution.
- Skin discomfort and irritation.
- Uncontrollable scratching.
- Pain in the head.
- A persistent hardening of the penis for four hours or more.
- Hearing or vision impairment.
- Excessive sneezing accompanied by a runny nose.
What Is Hims ED?
Hims provides remote healthcare services and offers the best ED pills. We will understand Hims ED better as we go through our review.
On the other hand, telehealth businesses’ primary activity is providing medical assistance, such as medications and check-ups, through the Internet. Hims offers a range of services related to men’s health, including specialized treatment for erectile dysfunction via Hims ED.
We will focus our Hims review for ED on the efficacy of their service in treating erectile dysfunction. However, as we will discover in the rest of this Hims review, they also give various additional services related to sexual health. For example, you might get help with problems like premature ejaculation (PE).
Nevertheless, medicines like Viagra, Cialis, and Stendra are the basis for Hims ED and this Hims review. Their generics of sildenafil, tadalafil, and avanafil, such as Hims tablets, are also all obtainable.
From the beginning of registration up until you get your Hims tablets, our comprehensive Hims review will go into further detail.
We will also address any doubts or worries you may have about the reliability of Hims. It is no secret that Hims has an impressive standing and only sells FDA-approved medicines.
How Does Hims ED Work?
The concept of telemedicine, which Hims is a part of, is that it is unnecessary to go out of your house to get the most basic medical care. This eliminates the need to make an appointment at a medical facility and pay for it, as shown in this Hims review.
For Hims reviews and your purchase, all you need to do is visit the official website of Hims. Here, you can select ED (Erectile Dysfunction) as your therapy and start dealing with your problem immediately.
Hims therapy has four stages:
- Initial consultation – In general, you need a prescription to acquire ED medications. It is necessary to secure approval from a healthcare professional. After you fill out the initial questionnaire intended to help the medical professional to evaluate your health condition, you will receive a prescription for the required ED pills.
- Treatment plan – Hims will form a tailored treatment plan for you based on the provided information. All plans include FDA-approved medications such as Cialis and Viagra or their generic alternatives.
- Receiving prescriptions – Hims reviews your treatment plan before sending out any medications. You have the option of choosing either the branded or generic versions. It’s okay if you prefer to fill the prescription at your nearby pharmacy; however, Hims will send it to you at no cost.
- Ongoing care – Once you begin taking your medications, Hims will contact you regularly to ensure everything is going okay. This support also consists of times when they will check in with you.
As we progress through our Hims review, we’ll go into detail regarding each step of the healing approach. We will also talk about the advantages and disadvantages of each therapy option.
Who Is Hims ED For?
Certainly, Hims ED offers service for males struggling with erectile dysfunction who need alternatives to the best male enhancement pills sold in stores over the counter.
Most guys will experience this disorder at a certain period in their lives. To put it plainly, ED is the difficulty in achieving and maintaining an erection for an adequate amount of time to have a satisfactory sexual experience .
The likelihood of an individual male having erectile dysfunction (ED) increases with age. But it can occur to guys of any age. Many potential causes are provided. The risk factors for ED include :
- Coronary illness.
- A localized injury to the groin.
- Being overweight.
- The repercussions of Prostate Surgery.
It is important to note for this Hims review that mental wellness is equivalently vital as physical health. Erectile dysfunction can result from certain medications, such as antidepressants and drugs designed to regulate hypertension.
Fortunately, Hims has telemedicine services available, which may help manage mental health and ultimately help prevent ED as described in our Hims review.
Hims ED Pros and Cons
This Hims review aims to make it easier for you to select alternatives to the best sex pills. While this decision is not easy, it can be less challenging if you can plainly see the advantages and drawbacks. The most imperative factors to consider when opting for Hims are condensed in our Hims review.
- Name-brand and generics – It is up to you as to which item you decide to purchase.
- Shipped direct – Obtain your medications and other items with no shipping cost.
- User-friendly – It requires minimal effort.
- Treatments for common issues in one place – You can manage hair thinning, mental health, skincare, and even some overall health conditions, as well as sexual health issues such as premature ejaculation.
- Home-based medical care – It is possible to consult with a medical professional from the comfort of your home, thereby avoiding the need to travel or take time off from work.
- Medications sanctioned by the FDA – Hims only provides FDA-approved medication.
- No Insurance – Hims reviews its prices to maintain cost-effective prices. However, without health insurance coverage, you must pay for all the expenses out of pocket.
- Value – It is possible to locate tablets at a lower cost from other sources.
- Constraints – For particular health matters, one might have to make an appointment with a physician. Unfortunately, Hims cannot solve these kinds of issues.
Hims ED Treatment
The approaches to handling erectile dysfunction (ED) are the same regardless of if one is visiting a general practitioner or accessing Hims. Medication is available for ED episodes, and you can also receive counseling.
The medicines offered on Hims are the same as those bought at a drugstore; the only variance is that you can buy them online. Tadalafil, sildenafil, and avanafil are the most commonly used medications to treat ED that we highlight in our Hims review.
Sildenafil, the active element in Viagra, was the original and is still the most renowned remedy for impotence. There is a gap in cost between name-brand and generic Hims tablets. To economize, generic Viagra is the way to go.
The drug amplifies circulation to the penis, achieving harder erections. On the other hand, sildenafil can also improve exercise endurance in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension as it increases blood flow and vasodilation in the pulmonary vascular bed .
Cialis, also known as tadalafil, is the second most commonly used medication for erectile dysfunction. It works by increasing the amount of blood that can enter the penis. It is important to note that these pills are not a cure for ED despite what some Hims reviews may claim. Instead, it provides temporary relief from the symptoms .
The most recent medication from Hims for impotence is avanafil, otherwise known as Stendra. Such tablets from Hims work in the same way that other medicines for erectile dysfunction do, in that they increase the blood flow to the penis .
The Eddie Penis Ring
If the side effects of the Best ED meds are too unpleasant or unsafe for you, there is an alternative option such as penis rings. Our suggestion for such an alternative would be Eddie, an FDA-approved medical device created by the brand Giddy.
By fitting around the base of the penis, the penis ring applies pressure to the surrounding area. This pressure slows blood flow out of the urethra by constricting the blood vessels that carry blood away. Keep in mind that the penis ring won’t excessively constrict the arteries or urethra.
These are the advantages Eddie by Giddy offers:
- You can request penis ring resizes for free
- Eddie by Giddy is classified as a Class II Medical Device by the FDA
- Eddie’s patented oval shape is tailored to the male anatomy, allowing for a more satisfactory experience by working with your natural shape and physiology
- Eddie’s open-bottom design and tension bands with handles make it simple to use and remove
For Hims Review: How We Evaluated Hims
If you are curious about the process we followed in our Hims review to determine that Hims ED is a good service, this is it: We examined four key aspects to make sure Hims met the demanding standards for medical use. The following part of the Hims review for ED will analyze each of those criteria and explain why they led to the service’s stellar overall score.
Our Hims review for ED reveals that there are service centers around making medical care accessible and inexpensive. It has been looked into thoroughly over a long period to comprehend the advantages and potential risks of the treatments they offer for erectile dysfunction.
We found in our For Hims review that Hims may be a brilliant choice for several guys, particularly as they age. They offer the best medications for erectile dysfunction, baldness, skincare, and mental health.
As discussed in this ED For Hims review, you can use the Hims ED service free of charge. This is true for the initial consultation and any additional treatments. The only expense you’ll incur is the cost of the medication.
Talking about ED can be difficult. However, as shown in our Hims review, Hims offers a telemedicine solution that simplifies and eliminates any stigma associated with the process. You can easily talk to the doctor in private from home without anyone else knowing. The physicians are friendly and knowledgeable.
Efficiency of Treatment
This For Hims review for ED makes it clear that the range of their offerings is limited. They provide a limited number of services and medicines, so if they cannot resolve your problem, you will not be able to get any assistance from them. However, the quality of the services they offer is excellent.
Hims Reviews: What Are Customers Saying?
Even though our For Hims review for ED was mostly good, you may still be hesitant to use the service. We understand the hesitation, as telemedicine is still being perfected. To help you feel more comfortable, take a look at Hims reviews from real customers. Below, for this Hims review, we’ve provided you with a range of positive and negative opinions about Hims.
One customer in his Hims review says the time it took to fill his prescription, the money he spent, and the results he saw were all positive. However, he realized that it could take a few weeks to feel the full impact, and he hoped he had been informed of this in advance.
One gentleman and his wife have been enjoying sex for a longer time since beginning to take the medication that was prescribed to him. He provided a 4-star Hims review for Hims and expressed his satisfaction with himself once again, no longer feeling embarrassed or uncomfortable while being intimate.
For Hims Review: Reddit
On Reddit, Hims reviews vary, with many people wanting to figure out if they can trust the remote health services before they use them.
A user stated in his Hims review that he had made use of the service for around twelve months and thought it was “simpler than going to the doctor.”
In his Hims review, a content gentleman confesses he is unaware of the cost of a doctor’s visit with the service, but he believes “there is no cause for suspicion that it is not genuine sildenafil”. This Hims review states that it would cost around ” $110 for 16 tablets” which would be “90% less than Viagra.”
Hims ED Treatment Prices
In this For Hims review, Hims’ goal of lowering the cost and increasing the accessibility of healthcare was highlighted. Compared to competitors, we found in this Hims review that the company’s pharmaceutical offerings are more reasonably priced. However, when all costs are considered, it may not be the case.
It’s hard to come across the ordinary cost of drugs, so for this Hims review, we got the job done for you. Usually, a single tablet of sildenafil (the generic equivalent of Viagra) is priced between $2 and $3. When contrasted to other sources, Hims’s $3 rate is relatively expensive .
The well-known drug Viagra is more expensive, with tablets costing around $80 or even more. Hims, for instance, charges $139 for a single Viagra pill .
Health Insurance, FSA, and HSA
Hims does not partner with conventional health insurance firms. The insurance carrier will not be involved since there is no payment due at the time of service or doctor’s appointment. Hims also does not accept payments from FSAs or HSAs, which is a bummer.
You could be eligible to get a reimbursement from your HSA or FSA for the money you spent. But you’ll need to talk to your service provider to work out the details.
Privacy: Is It Discreet Enough?
We have repeatedly highlighted in this Hims review that Hims ED makes it possible to get treatment without having to leave your house. This denotes that privacy while undergoing treatment is at its peak. You don’t need to go see a urologist, for instance.
The packages of Hims are in plain brown paper bags with a straightforward “H” sign. However, if you look closely at the return label, you will discover that Hims is mentioned. For this Hims review, we would say someone could then deduce that you are utilizing Hims, although they would have to be observant to identify the hints.
Such a violation of security is uncommon since Hims’ information security complies with all the standards for safeguarding medical data.
Other Services Offered by Hims
This For Hims review for ED concentrates on the company’s power to handle sex-related problems, but it also covers a wider range of health complications. Hair loss, skincare, psychological well-being, and overall health solutions will be briefly examined. Hims can help with various other issues aside from erectile dysfunction, for example.
- General health – The healthcare services provided by Hims are basic, and they can help with maladies such as allergies and infections. Quite soon, they intend to include handling digestive system issues.
- Hair loss – Hims offers different products by prescription, such as shampoos, conditioners, and pills, all of which are formulated to bring back and sustain a healthy head of hair. As with Hims ED, you can get a complimentary shipment and consultation.
- Mental health – Hims reviews its clients online and hence makes the process of obtaining medications for mental health much simpler, which can be a challenge to do without their services. Additionally, they offer an online version of therapy with a certified professional through real-time conversations.
- Skincare – Hims offers a range of services, from anti-aging treatments to acne treatments to daily skincare products. They provide both prescription medications and non-prescription items such as soaps and facial washes.
Having given a general summary in our Hims review, if you would like to learn more about Hims’s other services, it is advised that you search for more specific Hims reviews to gain an in-depth comprehension of the organization’s accomplishments in those regions.
Is Hims ED Safe?
Hims is just as safe as seeing a family doctor, so you can trust it with your most private matters. The requirements for authorized prescribers and healthcare personnel are also met by Hims.
In our review of Hims ED treatment, we discussed that taking sildenafil or tadalafil necessitates a prescription and medical supervision. For this Hims review, we found out that these ED medications are FDA-approved and have been around for a while, suggesting that they are safe to use.
Since there is the potential for side effects and allergic reactions, a prescription is still needed. Consultations with a healthcare provider are important for monitoring patients’ progress and avoiding potential health complications from using ED medications.
For Hims Review: Is Hims FDA Approved?
The Food and Drug Administration does not take part in the approval procedure for Hims, since it is a medical care service. Nevertheless, two preventive measures remain in place to ensure the security of your health, as we learned from this Hims review.
Firstly, all of Hims’ healthcare personnel must possess a valid license to work in the area they specialize in. This implies that they must be skilled in their profession and always strive to do the right thing.
Additionally, the FDA has examined and authorized the drugs and services that Hims offers, so we can confidently state after studying this Hims review, that the treatments are completely safe.
For Hims Review: What Causes Erectile Dysfunction?
The inability to have or keep an erection is called erectile dysfunction. There are various reasons why this occurs more frequently in older people, which is why some men need ED medications. As mentioned in our Hims review, most men will experience ED at some point in their lives, and it is more common with advancing age.
According to the study we conducted on Hims ED treatment for this Hims review, ED is generally caused by both physical and psychological factors.
- Medications – Studies have indicated that the use of certain medications can make ED worse. Medications such as those used to treat hypertension, depression, obesity, ulcers, and sleeping problems may all contribute to an increased risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Mental health – Evidence suggests that there is a connection between ED and both depression and anxiety. A person’s lack of self-assurance and pressure can be factors that contribute to the condition.
- Health factors – The possibility of experiencing ED can be increased by the occurrence of obesity, diabetes, or heart-related issues.
- Behaviors – Research has shown that indulging in too much cigarette smoking, consuming alcoholic beverages in excess, and a lack of physical activity can all raise the odds of developing erectile dysfunction.
For Hims Review: FAQs
If the details of this Hims review, or any other Hims reviews, can’t give you the answer you are looking for, the bottom section should provide the answer to your questions about Hims’ teleconsultation services.
How Long Does Hims ED Last?
Following your initial visit to the doctor and acquiring your prescription, you can acquire refills whenever you would like. Hims reviews are essential to keep up with regular care as well as to address any possible undesirable reactions.
Hims pills may have different effects on different people depending on the sort of medicine they take and how long those effects last.
Does Hims Make You Last Longer?
Medications talked about often in this Hims review, like Viagra, will not lengthen the amount of time it takes to reach climax. They aid in solving different problems. But if early ejaculation is the issue, Hims provides a numbing spray, prescriptions, and wipes to aid in this.
Does Hims Give You Erectile Dysfunction?
Using Hims products should not cause erectile dysfunction issues. They have been widely acknowledged for their capacity to treat ED. It is the same as questioning if Hims is effective. The same medications from Hims can be obtained from any drugstore. Your health should not be affected in any way by that service.
Hims ED Alternatives
After evaluating our Hims review for ED, you may have concluded that telehealth is an advantageous option for you, yet Hims does not meet your requirements. Fortunately, several telehealth alternatives offer similar services.
Hims vs. RexMD
If you’re on a tight budget but struggle with ED, you may find that Hims is the best choice for you. On the other hand, RexMD sells generic Viagra and Cialis tablets, alongside other generic sildenafil and tadalafil preparations, for as little as $6 per dose. With RexMD, you can also get as close to brand-name meds as possible, without blowing a hole in your pocket.
Additionally, RexMD doesn’t have the wide range of products that Hims does. You can purchase sleep and hair growth medication, as well as supplements for immunity and testosterone production.
Hims vs. Roman
Roman provides a service that is analogous to what was discussed in our Hims review. It is a telemedicine program that pays attention to men’s health. According to the Hims vs Roman comparative review, their services are slightly different from one another.
As a service, Roman furnishes services related to sexual health, skin, and hair care. The program also renders aid with fertility issues, such as medical-grade fertility assessment.
Is Hims Worth It? Final Verdict
After reading this Hims review for ED, you should have enough knowledge to decide if Hims is suitable for you or not. There are lots of things to consider, such as easy access to medications and the availability of telemedicine. We are certain that our top vote for the best telehealth ED service goes to Hims.
If Hims isn’t a good fit for you even after going through this Hims review, there are other telemedicine alternatives, such as RexMD and Roman, that have also been highlighted in our Hims review and may offer more features that may be more suitable for you.
- “Erectile Dysfunction (Ed).” National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/urologic-diseases/erectile-dysfunction.
- “Symptoms & Causes of Erectile Dysfunction.” National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/urologic-diseases/erectile-dysfunction/symptoms-causes.
- “Sildenafil: Medlineplus Drug Information.” MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 15 Jan. 2018, https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a699015.html.
- “Tadalafil: Medlineplus Drug Information.” MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 15 Feb. 2022, https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a604008.html.
- “AVANAFIL: Medlineplus Drug Information.” MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 15 Feb. 2017, https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a614010.html.
- “Sildenafil Prices, Coupons, Copay & Patient Assistance.” Drugs.com, https://www.drugs.com/price-guide/sildenafil.
“Viagra Prices, Coupons, Copay & Patient Assistance.” Drugs.com, https://www.drugs.com/price-guide/viagra.