Rehab Centers in San Diego, California
Are you or a loved one in urgent need of drug or alcohol rehab?
Located along the Pacific Ocean coastline, San Diego is home beautiful addiction treatment centers in California and the rest of the US.
Even before the spread of Covid-19, San Diego County experienced 645 confirmed fatal drug overdoses in 2019, a number that has only increased since the start of the pandemic due to widespread substance abuse and mental health issues.
Drug and alcohol addiction is a very real problem, and getting help is vital if you want to take back control of your life.
The first step to ending any drug or alcohol addiction is to find the right rehabilitation facility for your specific needs. This article is designed to provide you with an overview of the treatments, payment options, and unique services offered by San Diego’s rehab centers.
Get Help Today
Make a Call
11 Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in San Diego, CA
- Shoreline Recovery Center: Recovery center with the high client to staff ratio in San Diego
- Hope Canyon: Co-occurring substance abuse and mental health, dual diagnosis focused rehab in San Diego
- Harmony Grove: Luxury rehabilitation facility in San Diego
- Hazelden Betty Ford: Recovery facility offering virtual treatment options in San Diego
- APEX Recovery Rehab
- Soledad House: Christian based rehab for women in San Diego
- Healthy Life Recovery: Couple’s rehab facility in San Diego
- Genesis Recovery: Faith-based rehab outside the City of San Diego
- The Bridges of San Diego: Intensive drug and alcohol focused rehab in San Diego
- La Jolla Recovery: Rehab for unique recovery services like IV treatment
- Jackson House Addiction Treatment & Recovery Centers: Rehab in San Diego with home-style accommodation and veteran-focused recovery treatment
- Postal Address: 3911 5th Ave. Suite 202, San Diego, CA 92103
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 866-948-9123
- Treatment Options: Alcohol rehab, Drug rehab, Heroin rehab, Xanax rehab, Dual diagnosis, Aftercare
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance (Anthem, Blue Cross/BlueShield, Tricare, Aetna, Humana, Cigna, Health Net, United Healthcare, Optum, Oscar)
- Locations: Encinitas, San Diego
Shoreline Recovery Center provides dual-diagnosis drug and alcohol rehab programs to the residents of Southern California. Shoreline’s treatments are based on an evidence-based approach that offers unique treatment options like cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing.
Located in central San Diego, Shoreline’s drug and alcohol rehab center focuses on holistic recovery methods that focus on the patient and not just their diagnosis. With a 3:1 client to staff ratio, their client-centered approach offers personalized service to each of their patients.
2. Hope Canyon
- Postal Address: 2821 Lange Avenue, San Diego, CA 92122
- Phone: 844-575-1059
- Treatment Options: Intervention support, Medical detox, Residential inpatient treatment, Partial hospitalization program, Relapse prevention, Aftercare support
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance (Aetna, Blue California, Cigna, Humana, Magellan Health)
- Location: San Diego
Hope Canyon is an addiction counseling and substance abuse treatment center in San Diego, serving its surrounding communities and clients from across the country. The facility provides comprehensive drug and alcohol rehab alongside therapy for co-occurring mental health issues like anxiety, depression, and self-harm.
Hope Canyon rehab in San Diego incorporates fitness nutrition and meditation as vital elements of their evidence-based treatment methods. Other than detox and residential programs, the treatment center offers private rooms, an onsite chef, and outdoor and recreational amenities that supply all the comforts of home while patients participate in their behavioral health treatment services.
- Postal Address: 21734 Amble Dr., Escondido, CA 92029
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (760) 697-0497
- Treatment Options: Residential, Inpatient treatment, Partial hospitalization program, Intensive outpatient treatment, Drug and alcohol detox, Sober living center
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance (PPO insurance only)
- Location: Escondido
Harmony Grove is an addiction treatment facility offering drug and alcohol detox, residential and sober living services in a luxury setting.
As a luxury rehab in San Diego, CA, Harmony Grove offers five-star private rooms and outstanding amenities and rehabilitation aids like equine therapy and a fitness gym.
Harmony Grove also provides outpatient treatment for patients who want to remain in the comfort of their homes while still benefiting from their evidence-based, clinical approach to substance abuse treatment.
- Postal Address: 11720 El Camino Real, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92130
- Phone: 1-844-805-4671
- Treatment Options: Inpatient residential treatment, Outpatient treatment, Virtual treatment, Drug and alcohol detox, Recovery management, Sober living, Teen and young adult treatment, LGBTQ specialized services, Children’s program
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance (Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, BlueShield, Cigna, Humana, Magellan Health, HealthNet MHN, among others)
- Locations: San Diego, Los Angeles, Rancho Mirage
Hazelden Betty Ford in San Diego, California, is a treatment center forming part of a group of several Betty Ford rehabs nationwide. The center is dedicated to providing high-quality substance abuse treatment, starting with a medically supervised detox and progressing to either inpatient or intensive outpatient therapy options.
The addiction treatment offered by Hazelden Betty Ford is gender exclusive, and the center also provides specialized programs for teens, children, young adults, and members of the LGBTQ community.
The rehabilitation center provides a full continuum of care in the form of sober living, recovery management, and virtual therapy services, which are unique to the facility.
- Postal Address: 2810 Camino del Rio S #106, San Diego, CA 92108
- Phone: (877) 798-3519
- Treatment Options: Drug and alcohol detox, Inpatient residential rehab, Outpatient rehab, Partial hospitalization programs, Mental health programs, Treatment for veterans
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance (Aetna, Beacon, BlueCross/BlueShield, United Healthcare, Cigna, Health Net
- Locations: San Diego – Jamul, Nabal, and Bonnie Lane
APEX Recovery Rehab is a premier treatment center in San Diego, CA. Their medically supervised detox program is typically followed by either inpatient or outpatient therapy, using unique methods like art and music to promote personal development, and benefit possible co-occurring mental health disorders.
Their substance abuse treatment facility provides luxury accommodation and office facilities for patients who wish to continue working during the recovery process.
Situated at the foot of Mt. Helix in La Mesa, the rehab’s home-like appearance and surroundings provide a calm, comforting atmosphere for those seeking a unique form of addiction treatment.
- Postal Address: 810 Emerald Street, San Diego, CA 92109
- Phone: 866-314-3222
- Treatment Options: Women’s addiction treatment, Christian rehab, Spirituality addiction recovery, 12-step program, Sober living, Intensive outpatient treatment, Relapse prevention, Partial hospitalization program, Aftercare, Extended care, Life skills training
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance (Aetna, Anthem, Tricare, MultiPlan, Health Net, BlueCross, Cigna)
- Location: Pacific Beach, San Diego
Soledad House is a specialized substance abuse treatment and recovery center dedicated to providing high-quality services to women.
Located near Pacific Beach, San Diego, the treatment facility provides various options for women seeking help for drug or alcohol addiction. The majority of their programs focus on long-term recovery and emphasize their Christian foundations.
Women who attend Soledad House for addiction treatment are provided with extended care and support groups to maintain their sobriety and access relapse prevention services.
- Postal Address: 1010 Turquoise St., San Diego, CA 92109
- Phone: (855) 982-2757
- Treatment Options: Addiction therapy, Intensive outpatient rehab, Sober living, Dual diagnosis, Medication-assisted treatment, Couples rehab
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance (Aetna, Anthem BlueCross, Anthem BCBS, Cigna, United Healthcare)
- Location: Bird Rock, San Diego
Healthy Life Recovery treatment center in San Diego, CA, provides a range of specialized drug and alcohol addiction programs. The recovery program offered by Healthy Life Recovery is closely accompanied by psychological therapy and addiction education to promote long-term recovery from substance abuse.
The facility includes unique activities like skateboarding, surfing, and yoga in their treatment programs, and believe these alternative activities can help bring joy and hope into the lives of their patients.
Their treatment facility emphasizes addressing co-occurring disorders like mental illness to identify and treat underlying conditions that may have led to alcohol or drug addiction.
Healthy Life Recovery also partners with several sober living facilities in San Diego to support your recovery journey and encourage lasting sobriety.
- Postal Address: 7373 University Avenue, Suite 113, La Mesa, CA 91942
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (619) 797-7319
- Treatment Options: Dual diagnosis, Faith-based treatment, Trauma therapy, Medication management, Family therapy, 12-step programs
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance
- Location: La Mesa, San Diego
The Genesis Recovery treatment center in San Diego, CA, is located in the foothills of the Cleveland National Forest in Southern California.
Its unique location and faith-based treatment programs encourage long-term recovery from addiction, co-occurring disorders, and mental health issues.
By integrating patients into 12-step support groups and faith-centered fellowships, Genesis Recovery claims the highest success rate in San Diego County through its unique addiction services like MMA classes, sports events, and a recovery environment surrounded by the calmness of nature.
- Postal Address: 5480 Baltimore Dr., Suite 211, La Mesa, CA 91942
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 619-737-1218
- Treatment Options: Intensive outpatient program, Partial hospitalization program
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance (Health Net, Cigna, Humana, Tricare, Devon Health, Brand New Day, AmeriHealth, Highmark Health, HMC Health Works)
- Location: La Mesa, San Diego
The Bridges of San Diego is an intensive outpatient drug and alcohol addiction treatment center in Southern California. The facility provides a variety of medically supervised substance abuse recovery programs at a world-class level.
The centrally located alcohol and drug rehab serves the City of San Diego and surrounding neighborhoods, providing those struggling with addiction the intensive level of support and treatment required for their recovery.
- Postal Address: 7632 Herschel Ave., La Jolla, CA 9203
- Phone: 858-206-8148
- Treatment Options: Drug detox, Inpatient residential rehab, Intensive outpatient rehab, Recovery homes, Sober living, IV treatment, Mental health programs
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance
- Location: La Jolla, Mission Bay, and Pacific Beach, San Diego
La Jolla Recovery treatment center is located in its namesake suburb in San Diego, California. The facility focuses on treating each patient as an individual and tailoring their programs to meet their specific needs, whether you require inpatient rehab, treatment of co-occurring disorders or mental health problems, or alternative options like NAD IV treatment to help support and maintain long-term recovery.
La Jolla Recovery offers several locations across Southern California, including drug and alcohol addiction at Mission Bay, inpatient residential treatment in La Jolla, and sober living facilities in Pacific Beach.
- Postal Address: 2456 E St., San Diego, CA 92102
- Phone: 888-255-9280
- Treatment Options: Detox, Alcohol addiction program, Opioid addiction program, Addiction and mental illness, Veterans program
- Payment Options: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Insurance (TriWest, Cigna, Brand New Day, MHN Health Net, Multiplan, Zelis, Tricare, Anthem BlueCross)
- Locations: El Centro, La Mesa, Temecula, and Golden Hills, San Diego
With facilities across San Diego, California, the main Jackson House treatment center in Golden Hills offers a comprehensive recovery plan to its patients, from support for co-occurring mental health disorders to long-term sobriety maintenance.
Utilizing mindfulness techniques, self-care practices, and other holistic treatment supplementations, Jackson House also provides specialized addiction treatment for veterans.
If you’re thinking of undergoing addiction treatment in San Diego, here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on the topic.
Why choose San Diego to go through rehab?
Whether you’re looking for an out-of-state rehabilitation center or already reside in the county, San Diego is an excellent option with various benefits, including:
- It is home to some of the most practical substance abuse and co-occurring mental illness treatment centers in the country.
- Its location on the Pacific Ocean provides the county, and the City of San Diego, with a laid-back atmosphere and stunning beaches.
- Known as America’s Finest City, San Diego has warm temperatures year-round, perfect for outdoor activities to aid your recovery journey.
If you or a loved one are looking for rehab centers that offer excellent treatment, whether inpatient or outpatient, set in a relaxed, beachside environment, San Diego may be the most preferred option on your list.
Why choose the facilities from this list?
Each of the 11 facilities above has been carefully vetted and chosen for addiction treatment.
The list was compiled based on the quality scores and patient reviews for each treatment center, focusing on highly specialized, evidence-based programs and successful long-term recovery.
If you or a loved one has chosen San Diego as their preferred location for addiction treatment and rehab, one of the above facilities is guaranteed to meet your requirements.
Get Addiction Help Today
Get Help Today
Make a Call
San Diego offers a plethora of high-quality rehabilitation centers and services. Accompanied by picturesque landscapes, beautiful beaches, and a vibrant, laid-back vibe, the city and county make a great choice for anyone seeking addiction treatment while keeping comfort and engaging activities in mind.
If you or a loved one suffers from addiction, it is vital to get help as soon as possible. The first step toward addiction treatment is often challenging but, with the services offered by each of the facilities on this list, you can take that step with the support and assistance you need to ensure lifelong recovery.